As the world is becoming too modern, our housing arrangements have also changed quite a lot which is why many countries do not build houses with a roof but for those who still like a roof structured house, then you can opt for residential roofing which is different from commercial roofing. A professional trained for this has to undergo different processes as there is a lot at stake.
It is where professionals come for services such as installation, maintenance and repair of big roofing projects. There are actually two types of roofing’s namely, commercial and industrial and residential roofing. These are extremely different from each other in literally every sense and one has to undergo different trainings to become a professional in either of the settings. In commercial roofs, it is often noticed that the slope is entirely flat or very low. Such types of roofs can be found on warehouse, factories, shops, restaurant etc.
Common types of commercial roofing systems
- EPDM Roofing which stands for Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer.
- This is a chemical compound which is highly known for its toughness and elasticity.
- PVC which stands for polyvinyl chloride.
- This type of roofing is made up of two sheets/layers of PVC and they have a polyester reinforcement scrim in between the layers.
- The reason why it has two layers is because the top one is used to protect the roof from UV rays.
- TPO which stands for thermoplastic polyolefin.
- You will find these types of low slopes mostly in North America.
- They have a special feature which is they use heat-welded roof sheets which are highly reinforce able.
- You can choose from a variety of colors ranging from grey, tan and white.
- The attachment of this roof can be done through various methods such as mechanical adhering and so on.
- Single ply roofing.
- This type of roofing uses all three, EPDM, PVC, and TPO.
- They are extremely robust, and flexible.
- Many businesses prefer this roofing because of the material used in this does not peel off or crack in different weathers.