Are you planning to use vinyl tiles for your home? There are several points that you should keep in mind while installing vinyl tile flooring in Indianapolis, IN.
One point to be mentioned here is that direct Sunlight can affect your vinyl floors. This is true for most other floors too. If your house receives a lot of sunlight during the day, make sure you protect the floors by drawing the curtains. This is one simple tip to protect your treasured floors. Prolonged exposure to sunlight may lighten the color of your vinyl flooring and may make them appear dull over time.
Some dos and don’ts when you are using vinyl tiles:
- It is true that the vinyl floor is stain-resistant, but make sure you wipe off the stains as and when they appear. If left to remain it can harden and make cleaning a hassle.
- Do place a foot mat in your living room entrance so that you can dust your shoes on it before entering. Walking with the shoes on top of the floor can create scratches on it.
- Do not use any harsh chemicals to clean the floor. Use only prescribed vinyl cleaners at stipulated intervals.
- Do not pull your furniture without the protective cover below. This can damage the floors and can even lead to cracks. Also, make sure you do not make this a regular habit of pulling furniture from one room to another.
- Do make it a point to dust the vinyl floor regularly. You can easily sweep them and then mop later to have a shining look.
- Also, do not mop the floor without dusting first. You will be spreading the dust particles and creating scratches all around them.
- Don’t use any wax polish that has not been mentioned for this type of flooring. It may only cause more damage.
- Do not use any sharp or harsh tools for cleaning purposes. This can damage the natural beauty and shine of your floors.
As always do not hesitate to call an expert for guidance in taking care of your floors.